Friday, January 4, 2008

here we go

Why - oh, why! - in God's name, with so many literate, engaging, interesting people out there emptying their brains onto their blogs, should i start one? Ego? Boredom? Something Else? (let's choose that one for now)

Am I a frustrated critic of our culture (golly, we sure need one more of those)? Who cares? I've had a glass of wine and I feel like saying something, so here we go: I absolutely despise the way the media cover politics (holy cow! he's soooo original! I must read more!). Honestly, aside from those poor souls who are actually addicted to the political process, who can stand the twenty-four hour reporting on caucuses, primaries, polls, etc., etc., etc. It's almost a year off! Stop it! Stopitstopitstopit!

There, I feel better.

I was reading about Jack Benny today, and I was sorry that my children haven't really had a chance to enjoy his gentle humor. I've introduced them to Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, the Three Stooges, Popeye (the original Fleischer cartoons) Hope and Crosby's Road movies, and many other figures their contemporaries know nothing about, but I can only do so much.

I guess that's it for now. Hmmmm, that wasn't so bad.

No comments: