Friday, January 11, 2008

Cloverfield

I'll admit, I'm intrigued by the Cloverfield ads and the trailer. I remember seeing the trailer at the Transformers movie, and thinking it was both annoying and fascinating. Now that it's almost here, I'm looking forward to it. Not without serious concerns, however (to the extent one can have serious concerns about a monster movie). Most significantly, I think if the camera bobbles all over the place for two hours I'm going to get a massive migraine. I can deal with the whole "found film" concept, but couldn't the film that was found have been shot with a steadicam? I never bothered to see Blair Witch for this reason, and even though the effects for this movie look much better, I'm still not sure I'll be able to deal with it. But today's whippersnappers will watch it unfazed, having been brought up on videos with no shot that lasts longer than half a second. Sigh.

No comments: