Sunday, February 10, 2008

Six Days

No, not the Six Day War, the six days in Genesis. There's a creationism museum somewhere that some guy dredged up enough money to open, and people are flocking to it. I guess if otherwise intelligent people want to believe in a God who literally created the universe in six days and then, having tired himself out, sat out the seventh, it's none of my business. But it does kind of give me the willies. And it begins to annoy me when those same people want their belief taught co-equally in science class. I'm not anti-religion in schools, but if you want to discuss creationism (or its spiffed-up but equally retarded half-brother "intelligent design") in a classroom, do it in a "religion around the world" setting. Don't pawn it off as science. Because if that's done, science becomes opinion becomes junk. And there's enough junk science out there as it is.

No comments: